Wood Dale Police Want You to Drive Safe This Fourth of July
With additional motorists on the road, the Wood Dale Police Department wants to ensure that drivers are taking safe precautions when getting behind the wheel. The Department will be making additional patrols to protect against drunk driving and driving without seatbelts.
“We encourage local residents to celebrate Independence Day safely,” said Sergeant Michael Peters of the Wood Dale Police Department. “If you’re going to drink, please don’t drive. Too many people die behind the wheel each year because of those who choose to drive impaired by alcohol or drugs. Our officers are out in force checking to ensure safe travel.”
Wood Dale will join Illinois State Police and more than 150 local police and sheriff’s departments for an increased statewide enforcement effort.
“This Fourth of July, designate a sober driver and don’t let friends or family members drive drunk,” said Peters.
Other important tips include:
- Giving keys to your designated driver before going out
- Calling a taxi, ride share service or using public transportation
- Calling a friend or family member to ensure you get home safe
- Reporting impaired drivers by calling 911
- Ensuring that everyone in your vehicle wears a seatbelt