Construction Update November 10, 2017
- On November 1st, the Illinois Route 390 Tollway opened to traffic with all lanes open in their final traffic configuration. Beginning on that date, tolls began to be charged for travel on this newly opened roadway, and motorists are encouraged to obtain I-Pass accounts and transponders for each vehicle in order to pay the lowest tolling rates available.
- As of November 8th, all temporary traffic signals on sidestreets (Mittel Drive and Lively Boulevard) have been turned off, and the stops signs at these locations which control the final traffic movements have been placed. The temporary signals are bagged but will be left in place for a few days while traffic movements and operations are monitored. Later in November, construction work for the removal of these temporary signals (wooden poles) and completion of minor work items at those locations will occur.
- Work continues at various locations along the Tollway, so motorists should be aware of moving lane closures.
- Construction is ongoing at the IL RT 390 WB exit ramp to Prospect Avenue, for completion of the ramp construction and completion of the frontage road which will provide access to the Top Golf / Salt Creek Golf course facility. This work is scheduled to continue through the end of November 2017, and upon completion Wood Dale residents will be able to use the two way North Thorndale Avenue roadway west of Mittel Drive to access the Top Golf/Salt Creek Golf Course facility.
- During November, remaining punchlist and landscaping work also will continue throughout the project corridor, so there may be intermittent partial lane closures as this work occurs.
- The City and the Tollway want to thank all motorists for their patience and cooperation throughout the multi-year construction process leading up to the completion of Illinois Route 390 through the Village of Itasca and the City of Wood Dale.
- As the construction which affects residents and motorists has been substantially completed, this will be one of the last website updates regarding this project until Spring 2018 when additional landscaping work begins.
- Beginning in 2018 and continuing for the next several years, construction will continue east of IL RT 83 on the extension of the new tollway to connect to I-294 to the south, and to I-90 to the north.