The Clerk’s Office will strive to provide the highest quality of customer service to the City Of Wood Dale, Citizens, Council Members, Mayor, City Manager, and City Staff in the most timely and convenient manner possible.
Goal 1: The Clerk’s Office works to meet the needs of the City Council and the citizens of Wood Dale
One important way of accomplishing this is by emphasizing access to information. The department will continue to accomplish this goal by focusing on the following objectives:
- To maintain and produce documents that enable the public to participate in local government.
Goal 2: Provide access to the City's official records in as many different mediums as possible
Access to information is a core function of the Office of the City Clerk. To this end, the Department is dedicated to remaining on the cutting edge of information storage and retrieval. The Department will accomplish this goal by focusing on the following objective:
• Maintain and preserve City Council proceedings and related documents (e.g. minutes, resolutions, ordinances)
Goal 3: Administer records management program for the City of Wood Dale
A viable records management program ensures that each department can maximize its operational goals by making information more readily available for service delivery. Consolidating responsibility for the City's Records Management Program increases accountability and ensures effective service delivery. The Department will accomplish this goal by focusing on the following objective:
• Effectively maintain custody of City documents
Goal 4: Utilize technology to effectively deliver service
Technology provides enhanced access to information. The Department will accomplish this goal by focusing on the following objectives:
- Apply technology effectively to provide increased and improved access to materials online
- Realize the fullest potential of existing technology and technical resources
- Apply technology more effectively to increase the ability to provide the most efficient service
Goal 5: Ensure that all members of the Clerk’s Office perform their work ethically and with integrity
The Office of the City Clerk is known for its impartiality and integrity. The Department will accomplish this goal by focusing on the following objective:
- Ensure a high level of integrity and honesty in performance of work duties
The City Clerk's Office has provided City Council with centralized staff support under the direction of the City Clerk. In order to create the most efficient and effective City Council meeting materials, the Clerk’s Office began the process of gathering input on presentation and access of meeting materials. The online documents were streamlined to enhance information delivery while maintaining the detail. The Clerk’s Office also took on the task of updating and enhancing the online Resolution and Ordinance database.
The Clerk’s Office election information services are expanding by linking to the DuPage County Website, in addition to offering ballots in both Spanish and English. In laying the groundwork for the annual filing of statements of economic interests, training departments, agencies, boards and commissions on the use of electronic filing. Enabling the liaisons to better assist designated employees and board members with their disclosure responsibilities. Ultimately, the goal is to implement mandatory electronic filing of these documents. As more statements become electronically available, the public benefits from rapid, ready access to information will continue to grow. In preparation for the April 2019 election, the Clerk’s Office prepared election packet information for numerous potential candidates.
The Clerk’s Office has created a paperless record database, in order to provide information electronically, which created a faster retrieval process and easier access to meet residents' needs.
We worked with the Community Development Department, Fire Department, and Police Department to amend our Municipal code to reflect necessary policy changes.
We have worked collaboratively with the State of Illinois Records Department to update the City of Wood Dale Records of Destruction application.
Our present City Clerk & Deputy City Clerk are members of the Municipal Clerk’s of DuPage County. This professional organization boasts over 1,000 members, and is comprised of City Clerks and Deputy City Clerks from DuPage County. Municipal Clerk’s of DuPage County provides all City Clerks and their assistants with a variety of services and activities to assist them with the duties and responsibilities of their office.
In addition to its overall mission of maintaining the official records of the City of Wood Dale, the City Clerk’s Office also:
- Maintains custody, control, filing and storage of all books, papers, minutes and other written and recorded documents and materials pertaining to the operation of City government.
- Accepts petitions filed by citizens.
- Is responsible for the recording and transcription of City Council meetings and functions as required. The transcriptions of these proceedings are maintained in the City Clerk's office as official records of the City of Wood Dale. The records are available upon request for public reference and distribution.
- Is responsible for the publication, updating and distribution of the Wood Dale City Code.
- Is Responsible for Posting Meeting Agendas
- Administers Bid Openings
- Provides a variety of permits (e.g. Solicitor, Noise Control and Block Party)